|English: Click Show||SelectShow>|
Tea & Sympathy
1. The American sociologist Laud Humphreys did a participatory research project in the 1960’s. Tearoom Trade was about sexual ”trades” between males at public lavatories.
3. The study was argued to be ethically questionable, as Humphreys made notes of the the participants’ car plates, found out their identities and conducted interviews without revealing the real subject of his research.
4. As it turned out, a number of highly conservative family men made visits to the ”tearoom” on their way home from work.
5. ”There is a witch behind every witch hunt.”
6. It was common still in the 1970s to have the men arrested, but in the end the police was convinced that this was indeed a ”victimless crime”.
(Helsinki Priden näyttelyyn.)
Yksi kommentti artikkeliin ”Tearoom Trade”
Mielenkiintoinen tutkimus! Tässä vielä linkki siihen liittyen, jonka löysin -> http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/article/tearoom-trade